Kentucky HIV (KY1001)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, Delaware BON, Florida BON, KY BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 2
This course satisfies the Kentucky State requirement for Nurses. We will review HIV and discuss Kentucky state specifics.
- Identify the epidemiology of disease, trajectory of the disease, transmission of the disease.
- Discuss the transmission of the disease and the current treatment recommendations.
- Describe the responsibility of healthcare professionals in the state of Kentucky regarding testing and reporting.
- Be aware of the legal, moral and ethical considerations and current attitudes regarding HIV.
- Identify the management of HIV in workplace consistent with federal occupational safety and health standards.
- Verbalize the services available in Kentucky for HIV and AIDs patients in Kentucky.
- Consent and Reporting
- Attitudes and ethical
- Management in the workplace