CCMC Ethics - Code of Professional Conduct for Case Managers (ET3000)
Author(s): Commission for Case Manager Certification
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, Delaware BON, Florida BON, MSCC, RNs
Credit Hours: 2
ETHICS APPROVED. This course will present the Code of Professional Conduct for Case Managers (CCMC). You will learn the governing principles of the code and how they impact your daily practice.
- Identify the 7 Rules of Conduct that may result in disciplinary action by CCMC
- Explain the scope of Practice for Case Managers in terms of:
2. Underlying Values
3. Definition of Case Management
4. Ethical Issues
- Discuss the standards for professional case management conduct in terms of:
2. Professional Responsibility
3. Case manager/Client Relationships
4. Confidentiality, Privacy and Recordkeeping
5. Professional Relationships
- Explain the procedures used to facilitate the work of the CCMC Committee on Ethics and Professional Conduct for:
1. processing cases of alleged violation of the Code,
2. sanctioning Certificants,
3. processing appeals.
This course is CCMC ETHICS APPROVED.
The CCMC Code of Professional Conduct will be referenced in this presentation. PLEASE NOTE not approved for CDMS or CRC.
- CCMC Rules of Conduct
- Scope of Practice for Case Managers
- Selected Definitions
- Standards for Board-Certified Case Manager (CCM) Conduct
- CCMC Procedures for Processing Complaints
- Complaint Form