Chronic Sleep Disorders (NL0510)
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CLCP, COHN/COHN-S, CRC, CVRP, Delaware BON, RNs, RRP
Credit Hours: 8
In this course, we will discuss chronic sleep loss and the most common sleep disorders. We will present major causes of sleep loss and its impacts on overall health.
- Name SIX long-term effects of sleep loss and sleep disorders.
- Describe the following "most common" sleep conditions:
1. sleep-disordered breathing
4. restless legs syndrome
6. sleep-related psychiatric disorders
7. sleep-related neurological disorders
8. sleep-related medical disorders, and
9. circadian rhythm sleep disorders
- Name the two major causes of sleep disorders.
- Explain the relationship between sleep loss, diabetes, obesity, stroke, mood disorders, and disease mortality
- Article #1: Extent and Health Consequences of Chronic Sleep Loss and Sleep Disorders