RETURNING TO WORK AFTER BRAIN INJURY -- A Guide to Assisting this Nonconforming Group
COURSE NOW !
• how the brain functions
• the three types of brain injury: diffuse axonal brain injury, concussive damage and primary damage i.e. closed head injury
• the nature and consequences of brain injury i.e. cognitive, behavioral/emotional, and physical issues
• the role and features of cognitive rehabilitation
• the vocational rehabilitation process for brain injured patients
- Implement strategies and resources that are beneficial in assisting brain injured patient return to work
- Explain why the signature disabilities of TBI and PTSD have a special dynamic in the workplace
- Describe employers’ barriers to creating disability-inclusive workplaces (knowledge, beliefs and practices/actions) and apply interventions appropriate for each type of barrier.
ARTICLE 1: The Brain Injury Handbook -- An Introductory Guide to Understanding Brain Injury for Vocational Rehabiliation Professionals
ARTICLE 2: Returning to Work After Brain Injury -- A Strategy Guide for Job Coaches
ARTICLE 3: Beyond Yellow Ribbons: Are Employers Prepared to Hire, Accomodate and Retrain Returning Veterans with Disabilities?