Ohio RN Standards of Practice (OH1002)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, Delaware BON
Credit Hours: 2
This course satisfies the State of Ohio's requirement for nurses. We will discuss the Ohio nurse standards of practice.
- Discuss the scope and composition of the Board of Nursing in Ohio.
- Describe the definitions OBN and OAC.
- Compare and contrast the competency standards for RN's and LPN's in Ohio.
- Explain the safe practice standards for nursing in Ohio.
- Define the disciplinary actions and process for Nurses in Ohio.
- List the definitions listed in the ORC, (the Ohio Revised Code).
- THE OHIO BOARD OF NURSING
- STANDARDS OF PRACTICE AS A REGISTERED NURSE
- STANDARDS OF PRACTICE AS A LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
- STANDARDS OF PRACTICE FOR ADVANCE PRACTICE NURSES
- ADVANCED PRACTICE REGISTERED NURSES
- STANDARDS OF NURSING PRACTICE PROMOTING PATIENT SAFETY
- DELEGATION UNDER THE OHIO NURSE PRACTICE ACT
- GENERAL DELEGATION GUIDELINES
- DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS