Kentucky Shaken Baby Syndrome (KY1003)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, Delaware BON, Florida BON, KY BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 2
This course satisfies the Kentucky State requirement for Nurses. We will review shaken baby syndrome and discuss Kentucky state specifics.
- Define head trauma, kinds of head trauma, signs and symptoms of Pediatric Head Trauma (PAHT)
- Describe the Law in Kentucky regarding abuse.
- Explain the procedure for reporting, exemptions and protections for reporting in Kentucky.
- List prevention and education programs for families provided in Kentucky.
- Physical Symptoms and Presentation
- Reporting of Child Abuse