Medical Errors Prevention (ME2016)
Author(s): Claudia Moore RN, QPCM, CCM
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, Delaware BON, Florida BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 2
This course will discuss medical errors, their high cost to providers, and steps that can be take to prevent them.
- Report the high financial cost of medical errors to consumers
- Name and describe three system wide improvements that can reduce medical error rates and improve the quality of health care.
- Describe factors in the external environment and factors inside health care organizations that can prompt the changes needed to improve patient safety.
- Medical Errors: The Scope of the Problem
- To Err is Human -- Overview