HIV/AIDS: Concepts and Insights (NL1109A)
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRC, CVRP, Delaware BON, Florida BON, RNs, RRP
Credit Hours: 10
This course provides an overview of HIV/AIDS. Pre-Approvals Expire 12/31/2017.
- Describe critical trends in HIV/AIDS discovery science and new technology which may contribute to the end of the HIV pandemic
- Explain opportunities and challenges associated with developing new science into products that prevent/treat HIV/AIDS
- Explain two reasons why it is unclear if efforts to respond to HIV/AIDS over the next generation will benefit from a robust pipeline of new health tools to prevent/treat HIV infection.
- Discuss the two categories of incentives for HIV/AIDS research and development: (1) push, and (2) pull; identify current programs for each.
- Article #1: HIV/AIDS Technologies: A Review of Progress to Date and Current Prospects
- Article #2: Spurring Innovation for the Development of HIV/AIDS Technologies