Motivational Interviewing in Health Care - Helping Patients Change Behavior (HM2032)
Textbook: Motivational Interviewing in Health Care
Author(s): Rollnick, Miller and Butler
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CLCP, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRC, Delaware BON, Florida BON, RNs, RRP
Credit Hours: 10
This homestudy course will present the core skills of motivational interviewing specifically asking, listening, and informing.
- Discuss the core skills of motivational interviewing:
1. Practicing Motivational Interviewing
- Explain how Motivational Interviewing fits into health care.
- Explain the priciples and evidence supporting Motivational Interviewing
- Part 1: Behavior Change and Motivational Interviewing
- Part 2: Core Skills of Motivational Interviewing
- Part 3: Putting it all Together