Depression: The Facts, The Myths, The Issues (SW1023)
Author(s): US Dept of Health & Human Services
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CLCP, CNLCP, COPS-KT, Delaware BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 4
In this course, we will discuss depression. We will present the different types of depression, the symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Understand the term "Depressive Disorder"
- Explain different types of depression
- List the symptoms of depression vs. mania
- Describe the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of depression
- Understand ways in which to offer aid to a depressed person
- What is a Depressive Disorder?
- Types of Depression
- Symptoms of Depression and Mania
- Causes of Depression
- Depression in Women
- Depression in Men
- Depression in the Elderly
- Depression in Children
- Diagnostic Evaluation and Treatment Psychotherapies
- Depression and Other Illnesses
- How to Help Yourself If You are Depressed
- Where to Get Help
- Links and Resources